First you need to install a tiny browser extension. Then Right Inbox will integrate with Gmail user interface. There is no other software you need to install, but you will be required to go through a simple one-time authorization process.
Follow this link to download the browser extension. Currently, we support Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
Yes. You need to install the extension to each computer AND to each browser on which you would like to use Right Inbox.
After you install the browser extension, you can start using Right Inbox immediately in the Gmail user interface. A “Send Later” button will be displayed next to the “Send” button when you are on the Compose screen. When you finish writing your email, you can use that button to schedule it for sending. You can select from the options available, such as “in 1 hour,” or “tomorrow morning,” or you can specify an exact time.
When you schedule a date for an email, it is placed in your Drafts folder with its subject line indicating that it is scheduled to be sent at a certain time. The email will wait in your Drafts folder until its delivery time comes. When it is sent, the time indicator in the subject line will be removed and only the original subject line will remain.
When your email is sent automatically, it is placed in your Sent folder, as with any other sent email.
Simply go into your Drafts folder and discard the message you would like to cancel.
At any time before it is sent, you can go into your Drafts folder and re-schedule a scheduled email. Simply open up your Draft and select the “Send Later” button as before, then choose again from the options.
Yes, definitely. From within the Drafts folder, open any email that you want to change and make your edits. Remember to save your changes if they are not saved automatically.
If you opt to choose a specific date and time when you schedule an email, you can also opt to define a time zone. Right Inbox operates from within your local time zone by default. However, if you define a time zone, your message will be delivered at the time you specify within the zone you define.
When you track emails, Right Inbox puts a small invisible image in your email message. If the recipient’s email client does not particularly block remote images, then tracking takes place. Plus, if you include links in your email, they are also included in
tracking. If the recipient clicks a link, then you are notified regardless.
Email tracking is different than “read receipts” because it is transparent to the recipient. They would not notice it unless they explicitly analyze incoming mail’s source.
In order to track emails, the email has to be sent with “Track” button of Right Inbox enabled via Gmail web interface.
No, it is technically not possible.
There are 5 options:
- Notify if opened in the same browser: This option makes sure, email tracking works even when tested within the `same` browser window. Often, users test email tracking by sending an email to themselves or another account which they check in another tab. If this option is checked, email tracking will take place without filtering `self-opens`.
- Notify if opened from same IP address: If checked, email tracking will take place regardless of opens from the same IP address as the email is initially sent. For example, if you would like track emails you send to colleagues who share the same IP address with you, keep this option checked.
- Keep notifying upon multiple opens: If you prefer receiving tracking notifications even after you already received as much as the number of recipients, you can have this option checked. So, you will be notified upon multiple opens of your email. In that case, another email is appended to the conversation so it can be placed on top of your inbox.
- Label this message as ‘Tracked Email’: A label called ‘Tracked Email’ will be added to the conversation. If there is no label called ‘Tracked Email’, it will be created first.
- Append notifications to this conversation: If you choose this option, notification emails will be just appended to the same conversation you are tracking. You could find this behaviour convenient as you can see the notifications and the sent message in one conversation. Otherwise, notification emails will be sent as a separate email.
- When you use the plain text mode when composing messages. (You need to be using rich text editor, which is default)
- When the recipient blocks loading remote images in emails. (When you track emails, Right Inbox puts a small invisible image within your email. If the recipient particularly blocks remote images, then tracking cannot be done.)
As you may know email tracking is utilized via inline images. In the beginning of December 2013, Google implemented a change about how inline images are handled in Gmail. URLs of the images emails are replaced with Google’s own content serving network. Basically when a recipient opens a tracked email and loads a Right Inbox’s tracking image, Google fetches the image from our servers and displays the image via Google’s own servers. It is still possible to understand when the recipient read your email, so we will continue with open reports, but this new change currently limits our ability to detect recipient’s IP address and location. Every other email tracking application suffers from this at the moment. We are seeking for workarounds to overcome this limitation. We hope the functionality will be restored soon.
You may utilize email reminders in two ways. One way is to add reminders while composing an email. In that case, the reminder is attached to the email you compose & sent. The other way is the add reminders to individual emails or conversations while you are viewing them. In both cases, email reminder can be set via the button on the toolbar at the top. When you press that button you can see your options and you may select a date/time for your reminder.
When you set a reminder, the ‘Remind Me’ button becomes checked and its color turns to orange to indicate that it is in active state. Also an additional notification bar would appear on top of the screen when you set a reminder successfully. Likewise, if you check back that email or conversation which you have set a reminder before, the ‘Remind Me’ button is again indicated in active state. Furthermore, when you hover over the orange button with your mouse cursor, you can see a tooltip which indicates the reminder date.
You can always press the ‘Remind Me’ button again do disable a reminder. It will be unchecked and its color will change back to normal. Needless to say, you can always set another reminder.
There are 8 options:
- Only if nobody responds: You can check this option if you like your reminder to be trigger only if nobody has responded to the conversation. This feature is useful if you want a particular email to be brought to your attention if you don’t get a response within a specific time. Otherwise you won’t be notified.
- Return to inbox: If you have archived the email, this option would bring the conversation to the inbox when the reminder is due. This would help to keep your conversation clean, you would not be displaying emails until when necessary. For example, you could use this to remind you about a regular event or need, like bills or a meeting?
- Put it on top of the inbox: When a reminder is triggered, you may want the message to appear on the top of your inbox for immediate visibility. In that case, another email is appended to the conversation so it can be placed on top of your inbox.
- Star it: When reminded, your email will be starred if this option was selected.
- Mark as unread: Simple as adding a star. The conversation will be marked as unread if the option was selected.
- Label as ‘Reminder’: A label called ‘Reminder’ will be attached to the conversation. If there is no label called ‘Reminder’, it will be created first.
- Label as ‘To Be Reminded’: If you would like keep track of reminders that you have set, you can have this option checked. So you can inspect later which conversations are set to be reminded.
- Label as ‘Reminder’: A label called ‘Reminder’ will be attached to the conversation when reminded. If there is no label called ‘Reminder’, it will be created first.
You can check out our pricing page.
Right Inbox does not have access to your Gmail password. Right Inbox works with regular OAuth2 authorization under your supervision. You can always revoke Right Inbox’s access to your Gmail account.
No, we don’t store your emails at all. To be able to send your scheduled messages, add labels to the conversations etc. as it is needed, we only hold necessary message headers. If you ever decide to leave Right Inbox, nothing connected with you will remain with us.
You need to uninstall the browser extension and remove the authorization you gave to Right Inbox to access your Gmail data. To uninstall the Mozilla Firefox extension, see instructions here. To uninstall the Google Chrome extension, see instructions here. To remove your authorization for Right Inbox to access your Gmail data, go to this page, then “Revoke Access” from rightinbox.herokuapp.com
You are more than welcome. Please let us know by sending us a message.
There is no mobile support at the moment.
It should be working, although Right Inbox is not internationalized. So labels of all the Right Inbox buttons and notifications etc. will remain in English.
Please make sure you have installed the browser extension for Right Inbox. Here are some basic guidelines for listing your browser extensions to see if you have Right Inbox:
- In Google Chrome, Click the menu button on the browser toolbar. Then select Tools. And then select Extensions.
- For Firefox, on the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
Then in the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- In Safari, go to Preferences, and then click Extensions.
If you are missing it, please follow this link for installation instructions.
You might have used a different email address when you purchased your subscription. Please contact our contact our support team to get help.
First of all, please make sure IMAP is enabled for your account. Then please go to ‘Label’ tab in your Gmail Settings, check the ‘Show in IMAP’ checkbox for ”All Mail”, “Sent” and “Drafts” folders. If those suggestions does not help, please drop us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Kindly drop us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.