Not every company comes to the market with a bang. But Lemlist was an exception.
The company started without any outside funding and managed to reach an ARR of €4 million within three years.
Currently, they have 10k monthly users and a community of over 42,000 people. For most SaaS founders, this is the dream.
But for an ordinary customer who just wants to get the most reliable email outreach tool, the company’s numbers don’t matter.
So does Lemlist’s success rhyme with their customers’ success?
Sure enough, the numbers don’t lie. You’ll love its personalization which lets you customize every email for each prospect.
You’ll also appreciate Lemwarm, which maximizes your email deliverability and prevents your emails from going to spam.
Seemingly, Lemlist has some pretty good features. But there’s another side of the coin that you might want to know – hence the need for this Lemlist alternative guide.
5 Drawbacks of Lemlist
- When you’re paying $29, $59, or $99 per month (Lemlist plans), the last thing you have in mind is getting a clunky and non-intuitive interface. Why? Most email outreach tools in that range do better. But that’s not what you’ll expect with Lemlist. The UI and design aren’t desirable.
- The Lemlists support team is not responsive. They can take a couple of hours to respond to an issue, and when they do reply, you won’t get much help.
- Lemlist lacks native integrations, which is a downside if you want direct integration with a powerful CRM. Still, they give you some favorite integration options like Hubspot and Pipedrive.
- Sometimes Lemlist goes into a “freeze mode” where it won’t send emails according to your set daily limits. So you can’t be sure if you’re getting a 100% deliverability rate.
- Some of the features are a little gimmicky. For example, emojis and stuff are a bit “juvenile,” and you might not see any benefit in using them in your messaging sequences.
So if you’ve tested Lemlist and feel that the above cons are creating a setback in your operations, here are six Lemlist alternatives you can try today.
1. Right Inbox
Right Inbox is not only the most affordable email outreach tool but also the most practical tool when it comes to email outreach.
This means that Right Inbox doesn’t offer complex features that don’t rhyme with email outreach. It only gives you just enough to help accomplish your most important goal: Gmail productivity.
And while it does that, it doesn’t cost the top dollar. You can start using it today for as low as $9.95/month for the personal plan. Thus, it’s a simple, cheap, and helpful tool to ramp up your email campaigns.
That said, here are some of our popular features.
- Email Tracking: The feature lets you know who has opened your email and how many times they opened it. It also tells you if the recipient clicked on any link you attached to the email.
- Send later – You can write emails in advance and schedule them to be sent later. This allows you to maximize the time when your brain is active, and you’ve let your creative juices flow.
- Sequences – Writing follow-up emails is both a waste of time and exhausting. Right Inbox lets you create follow-up emails beforehand. It will then automatically send them to your recipients if they don’t reply after a set period.
- Mail Merge – If you have a massive list of prospects, you don’t have to send them emails one after the other. Mail merge lets you contact everyone all at once while still checking personalization for maximum results.
Mailshake has been one of the best cold email outreach tools for years.
There are many reasons why it has stayed on top for a long. But the most outstanding is the ability to perform two functions from the same platform.
On one side, it’s a sales engagement tool designed for your sales team. Below are some of the features regarding sales engagement.
- Power phone dialer
- Social selling
- Create custom tasks
- Phone scripts
- Lead Temperature
And on the other side, it’s an email outreach tool. That’s the main reason it made it to this Lemlist alternatives list.
Mailshake has some pretty astonishing features, an obvious win against Lemlist. For example, it uses an intelligent scheduling system to send up to 10k emails while assuring you of deliverability.
And if you aren’t sure of what to write, you can take advantage of the hundreds of templates to start you off.
The best part? Mailshake doesn’t stop at templates. It has an AI to help you write email copy when stranded.
Once you’ve launched your campaign, the tool gives you analytics as a bird’s view of your campaigns and how it’s performing.
Here’s a screenshot of the pricing plans.
There are quite a few similarities between Saleshandy and Lemlist.
First of all, they came into the market when cold prospecting was getting more challenging for users, but only three years apart.
They have almost the same number of customers. Their pricing is similar, with only a difference in the pricing model. More on that later.
Therefore, Saleshandy is a valid Lemlist alternative because it offers basic but robust features like RightInbox. These include:
- Email Tracking
- Auto Follow-up
- Email Scheduling
- Email Templates
- Email Marketing Campaign
Furthermore, it has a LinkedIn email finder that helps you find prospects’ emails as you surf through LinkedIn. This comes in handy for users who want to start their outbound outreach from scratch.
And if you already have a list of emails but aren’t sure if they’re valid, the tool offers an add-on solution to verify the emails. It prevents your emails from having a bad deliverability score – you don’t want a war with Google.
The add-on service is priced differently at $59/30,000 recipients.
And talking about pricing, Saleshandy has two services, each with their pricing.
- Cold emailing – $25/month
- Email Tracking – Has a free option, then jumps to $9/month, then $22/month.
Woodpecker is a cold email tool focused on helping you get the most conversions from your email campaigns.
Like Mailshake, Woodpecker runs on automation. As a result, you can send cold emails, automate follow-ups, and get actual responses with less input from you.
Here’s a short glimpse of how it works.
You start by creating a spreadsheet of your prospects’ first names, last names, and email addresses. Woodpecker will use the data to address your prospects by their first name once you launch your campaign.
Next, go to Woodpecker and create your campaign. Ideally, this involves creating your initial email with a series of follow-ups. Woodpecker allows you to create up to seven follow-ups.
Publish your campaign once done. The tool will start sending your emails one after the other. There’s a lot of sophistication and features in the process above, so we won’t go into details.
But if you want to try Woodpecker out, below is a screenshot of its pricing.
Mailtrack is a simple tool and probably not the most complex Lemlist alternative you’ll encounter.
It doesn’t have many features: hence not the best option if you’re looking for a full-suite email outreach tool. However, the tool is excellent in one thing – email tracking.
The good thing about tools that focus on one feature is that they go above and beyond to give users the best experience. And that’s what you’ll notice when using Mailtrack.
Firstly, the onboarding process is swift and won’t take more than 30 seconds. You don’t have to worry about your data getting breached by third parties.
You get real-time notifications if your cold emails are opened, which helps you take constructive actions.
The best part? The free version still gives you almost the same experience as the paid versions, which are incredibly affordable.
Lemlist and Mailemeteor have a lot in common. That’s why it made it to our list of Mailmeteor alternatives.
However, Mailmeteor has one thing that Lemlist can’t match: mail merge. This feature is a big deal in the email outreach industry since more people want to send mass emails at once. Nobody has the time to send emails one by one.
Like Mailtrack, which has focused on email tracking, Mailmeteror has focused its strength on creating the best mail merge tool unmatched by other competitors.
And is it that effective?
A resounding yes. Perhaps, the most important thing to note on Mailmeteoer is the extent they’re willing to go when it comes to personalization.
For example, you can add personalized attachments to your mail merge in a simple process. The feature is helpful when you want to send individual files to many people, like customer invoices.
Besides that, you’ll appreciate that they have more features you’d want in a mail merge tool – talk of email tracking, email scheduler, and integrations with some of the coolest CRMs.
As a marketer, you’re always looking for a dependable, reliable, and feature-rich tool to run your email outreach campaigns. While most tools try to get there, you’ll likely run into an issue or two that makes you change your mind.
Note that most of these tools offer the same features. So your decision to pick one should go beyond a feature-rich tool or functionality.
If you have used Lemlist, you’ll agree that it’s a great tool. It has some epic features (which all other tools have) but has the worst customer support.
Spare yourself the headache and get a tool that has put real humans behind the curtain to help you. Install Right Inbox now and see if it checks all your boxes.