Email remains a crucial part of any professional’s workday. And it isn’t going away anytime soon. Quite the opposite, in fact. According to marketing research company Radicati, the number of emails sent daily by consumers and businesses will rise to 347 billion by 2023.
With professionals especially, email represents one of the most important channels to engage prospects and customers. However, the large volume of emails can quickly become overwhelming. Customers may not always see your email in a sea of other clutter. And you need to know when someone opens your emails so you can engage them further.
For that reason, people use email trackers, which enable you to know when someone opens or interacts with your email. Mailtrack is one of these tools, However, Mailtrack doesn’t necessarily have the right features that each person or team needs. So in this article, we will explore the best Mailtrack alternatives to see if they’re the right fit for your daily workflow.
1. Right Inbox
Right Inbox is arguably the best alternative to Mailtrack. Its email tracking feature lets you see exactly who opens your emails and clicks on email links. You can also see how many times they opened the email, and when, with the email tracking feature. Salespeople can use this tracking tool to know exactly when to followup with prospects.
The main list of features for Right Inbox include:
- Email Tracking – See opens and clicks, as well as set up notifications
- Recurring Emails – Send emails at specific times to avoid redundant work and increase efficiency
- Email Templates – Rewriting the same response to common questions is a hassle. Right Inbox lets you create and choose from various templates you can use time and time again.
- Send Later – Schedule your email to hit your recipient’s inbox during their core working hours.
- Sequences and Automation – Create rules that send follow up emails automatically if a customer doesn’t respond
With so many features such as email tracking and a friendly UI, it’s no wonder so many people are switching over from Mailtrack. What’s more, Right Inbox offers a free plan and only costs $5.95 a month on the regular plan if you pay yearly.
Additional Reading: Top 30 Email Tracking Tools & Software for 2021
Yesware is another popular email tracker. While anyone can use Yesware, it is primarily geared toward salespeople. Yesware does have some good tools in terms of customer engagement and email tracking, without leaving your Gmail inbox.
Primary features include:
- Email Templates – Save time creating unique and beautiful HTML emails
- Schedule Meetings – A built-in meeting scheduler lets you easily make a date for a call
- Integrations – Yesware integrates nicely with popular sales tools like LinkedIn and Salesforce to avoid hopping back and forth
- Analytics – Get reports that show you your open and click rates
Yesware has many of the features you would expect from an email tracker. However, one potential downside is that its pricing is quite expensive for what you actually get. Its lowest tier starts at $15 / month, going up to $65 / month for enterprise.
FollowupCC is a lesser known alternative to Mailtrack. This is probably because their software hasn’t changed much over the years. It’s very stripped-down and basic. This could work for small teams who just need a small set of features without being overwhelmed. Just don’t expect it to do everything that the other tools can.
Features for FollowupCC include:
- Reminders – Get alerts when it’s time to reach back out to a customer or send the next piece in the marketing funnel
- Auto Followup – Create followup emails that get sent out automatically, saving time on marketing automation
- Send Later – Schedule your email for a later date to avoid getting inbox clutter from too many replies
FollowupCC’s strength is its simplicity. But its pricing is a bit high, ranging from $18 a month to $40 a month. Companies should decide if the lack of features is worth the extra cost and simplicity for their team.
Another popular email tracker tool, Snov.io is a well-rounded option when you need more than just the basics. It expands into the realm of prospect engagement with additional functionality that some lightweight tools don’t provide.
Snov.io’s core features include:
- Email Finder – Locate email addresses for potential customers via Twitter, LinkedIn or domain addresses
- Auto Followup – Send followup emails that you created when a prospect takes (or doesn’t take) a certain action such as clicking on an email
- Schedule Campaigns – If you have a series of emails you want to send out, you can schedule them with this feature to avoid the time sink of manual sending
However, many sales teams are alarmed at first to learn about Snov.io’s high pricing. The lowest option begins at $33 a month, even rising to $482 a month for the premium plan.
MixMax is regarded as a newcomer to the email tracker space. It can be a great way to enjoy additional features for email management that Gmail is inherently lacking.
MixMax provides the following key features:
- Integrations – Most sales tools and CRMs can be easily connected to MixMax including Salesforce, Pipedrive, Google Calendar, and Dropbox
- Meeting Scheduling – Easily schedule meetings with prospects over email with a few clicks
- Side Chat – This function lets you turn your inbox into a chat room, saving time on back-and-forth messages with team members or prospects
- Phone Dialer – See your customer’s number in their email signature. You can click on it to initiate a phone call right there instead of switching apps
MixMax is price friendly, offering a free plan to start. And their higher tier begins at $49 per user per month for larger teams who need to send more emails.
Bananatag was once a very simple tool for email tracking. But since its inception, it has grown to offer more complex email features as well. It is now targeted to users at the enterprise level.
This explains Bananatag’s additional features such as:
- Email Designer – Craft beautiful and professional looking emails quickly to express your brand effectively in your communications
- Surveys – Embedded surveys let you quickly reach out to your prospects to get feedback and keep them engaged throughout the sales cycle
- Employee Communication Tool – Send effective updates and get employees on the same page with easy to create emails that reach the whole team
Keep in mind that not all features come with each plan. And it’s not as easy as signing up and getting started, like other email trackers. You’ll need to reach out to request a quote, so pricing and plans all vary.
In today’s day and age, businesses need to get an edge wherever they can. When it comes to emails, they can be challenging to keep track of. You may forget when to follow up with a customer. And with standard Gmail, you don’t even know if someone has opened your email or clicked on a link.
That’s why having an email tracker is so essential for modern salespeople, recruiters, and anyone who wants to improve their productivity. The options above provide great alternatives to Mailtrack that you can start implementing today. That way, email becomes a time saver instead of a time waster.