Sales and marketing teams always look for new and better ways to reach their target customers.
One great way is Outreach.io — an excellent tool for sending personalized cold emails and building relationships with potential customers. That also, with an easy-to-use interface and powerful features.
But it’s not the only fantastic tool out there. In this article, we will discuss 10 alternatives to Outreach.io that offer similar (and sometimes even better) functionality. We will also compare pricing and ratings from leading software review websites like G2 and Capterra.
Why You Need An Alternative To Outreach.io
It’s true that Outreach has its fans, so before we get into the alternatives to this platform, let’s talk about some of the reasons why you might be looking for it in the first place:
- Focus On Sales – For sales teams, Outreach could be a great tool, but not everybody is focused on sales when it comes to email. So if you need a more comprehensive solution, marketing, outreach, or campaign management, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Their Automation Is Fairly Limited – Because Outreach is so focused on sales engagement and tracking, automation has sort of taken a back burner. It may lack some of the marketing features that you’re expecting from other platforms.
- Not A Whole Lot Of Integration – Ideally, you can use just a handful of applications to accomplish any workflow that you have when it comes to email, but Outreach’s lack of integration makes that somewhat of a challenge.
So, what are we waiting for?
Let’s find you the most suitable Outreach.io alternative there is on the market in 2024.
1. Right Inbox
Right Inbox is one of the best Outreach.io alternatives that can make your emailing experience much smoother and easier.
It is an extension for Gmail that lets you schedule mass emails, set reminders, create email templates, and track email opens — all within Gmail. This means you don’t have to switch between different tabs or applications to get things done.
Like Outreach.io, Right Inbox also lets you create personalized email templates. You can even save email chains and reuse them later with just a few clicks.
And if you are worried about your emails being marked as spam, Right Inbox has got you covered there too. It uses Gmail’s own infrastructure to deliver your emails, so there’s no chance of that happening.
Two other great features of Right Inbox are its ability to track opens and automate follow-ups. Together, these features provide an excellent way to optimize your strategy, and nurture your leads and close more deals.
The best part is that with Right Inbox, you get all these features for less than 1/20th the price of Outreach.io!
- One of the cheapest alternatives to Outreach.io, making it extremely suitable for small startups and sales teams
- Seamless integration with Gmail
- Supports a free version
- Simple to set up and use mail merge
- The free version only lets you send 10 emails per month
- No application for mobile/tablets
- Only works with Gmail (sorry Outlook users)
Right Inbox has a free plan that allows you to send up to 10 emails per month. Paid plans start at $7.95/month billed annually. The professional plan which gives unlimited access comes in at $14.95.
If you are looking to get this for your team, it’s starts at just $8.95/month/user. You can check out the pricing page in full.
Capterra Rating: 4.3 stars
G2 Rating: 4.8 stars
Chrome Store Rating: see below
Mailshake is another excellent tool for sales outreach and lead generation.
Its AI email writer begins assisting you with your outreach campaigns from the very start, writing copies that are proven to be effective. This way, you can hit the ground running and start seeing results quickly.
Not only this, but it also helps you automate the rest of your email campaign and follow-ups so that you can focus on other things.
And let’s not forget about the ‘lead catcher’. This nifty feature makes it super easy for you to catch up on all of your leads by gathering them in one place, and allowing anyone from your team to respond to them.
However, keep in mind that Mailshake doesn’t offer all of the features that Outreach.io does. So, if features like sales coaching are important for you, then you might want to consider other Outreach.io alternatives.
- Integrates well with numerous CRM tools including Salesforce, Hubspot, and Pipedrive
- Good campaign and list management
- Monitor clicks, opens, and replies for every email
- Campaign analytics are very simple and might not be suitable for teams that need more detailed and robust insights into the performance of their cold email outreach
- Doesn’t support a free trial or offer a free version
Mailshake is nowhere near being a cheaper alternative to Outreach.io.
There are two versions of Mailshake you can subscribe to. The first is for email outreach priced at $44/user/month, billed annually.
The second is for sales engagement, which you can get for $75/user/month, billed annually.
Capterra Rating: 4.7 stars
G2 Rating: 4.7 stars
Salesloft is a cloud-based sales engagement tool.
For cold email outreach, this tool covers all the basics. You can create and send personalized emails in bulk (through its mail merge option), automate follow-ups, A/B testing, and track engagement metrics like clicks and opens.
But there are some key differences between Salesloft and Outreach.io, even though they offer similar features.
Outreach.io is geared more towards outreach and customer acquisition, while Salesloft focuses more on sales acceleration.
In other words, Salesloft is designed to help you speed up your sales process by providing you with a single platform to do things like:
- Executing your digital selling tasks
- Creating cadences for a smoother workflow
- Communicating with buyers
- Getting valuable sales insights you need to close more deals
- Supports cadence creation
- Easily integrates with CRM software such as Salesforce
- Great customer service
- Text formatting is not as good as Outreach.io’s.
- The user interface is a bit clunky.
- No free trial or free version
Salesloft offers four different packages: Prospect, Sell, Engage, and Enterprise.
The price tag can range from $75/month/user all the way up to $125/month/user, but this is just to give you an idea of what Salesloft can cost you.
For an official price, you’ll have to visit their page and get a quote for yourself or for your team.
Capterra Rating: 4.3 stars
G2 Rating: 4.5 stars
Klenty is again a sales engagement tool equipped with cool features like customizable email templates, automatic follow-ups, A/B testing, advanced tracking, and more.
But what makes cold email outreach even more effective with Klenty is its focus on email deliverability. It has a number of features in place to make sure your emails don’t end up in spam.
- Using custom domains
- Warming up new IPs before using them for mass emailing
- Controlling email volume
- Adding intervals between emails to make them seem natural and human-sent
Moreover, Klenty’s intent vision automatically pushes prospects into different cadences (based on their intent), which leads to 3x more successes. This is in contrast to Outreach.io, which does not offer an intent vision.
- Gives you insight into your prospect’s intent and lets you take steps accordingly
- Offers integration with major CRM software like Pipedrive and Salesforce
- Smooth UI
- Not a CRM tool itself
- Sometimes there is trouble with sending emails
The lowest-priced package “Startup” is designed for small teams. It costs $35/user/month.
Going upwards, we get the “Growth” package, which is priced at $60/user/month.
Lastly, if you are a mature team who needs advanced reporting and access control, you’ll have to subscribe to its top-tier package “Enterprise” for $100/user/month.
Capterra Rating: 4.8 stars
G2 Rating: 4.6 stars
Reply.io is yet another all-in-one AI-powered sales engagement platform that can help small businesses to grow into larger brands.
It uses a four-step solution for an effective cold email outreach campaign.
The first step is to discover your leads’ contact information. Reply.io does this automatically through tools like the LinkedIn email finder.
In the second step, it verifies this data so that you know for sure that you are reaching out to a valid email address.
The third step is to engage with your prospects. Here comes the AI email writer, which helps you by crafting personalized emails on your behalf.
Lastly, it tracks your email’s performance so that you can optimize your outreach strategy.
The best part is that with Reply.io, your outreach is not only limited to email — you can also connect with your prospects via LinkedIn, SMS, and WhatsApp messages.
And by using a multi-channel approach, you’re more likely to reach your target audience and achieve your desired results.
- Automated email warm-up
- Supports multichannel sequences
- Offers a 14-day free trial
- Limited email formatting options
- Might take a while to get used to the software
- The Google Chrome extension can be glitchy sometimes
Reply.io offers three different tools. One for sales engagement, one for email search, and one for email warm-up.
While email search has a free version, the other two have only paid versions.
Sales engagement starts from $50/month/user and goes up to $70/month/user. And email warm-up has a single package priced at $29/month/email account.
Capterra Rating: 4.6 stars
G2 Rating: 4.6 stars
This is an add-on for Gmail and Outlook that makes the life of sales professionals and outreach managers a lot easier. It is heavily equipped with features like email tracking, meeting scheduling, ready-made templates, and CRM integrations.
Unfortunately, Yesware doesn’t have an AI-powered email writer like Outreach.io, so you will have to write your emails manually.
However, the tool does offer the “presentation tracking” feature, which lets you track PDFs in real-time — something Outreach.io doesn’t offer.
Also, Yesware is very simple to set up and use. You can sign-up for its 14-day free trial and see for yourself.
- Notifies you every time your email gets delivered/read
- Offers a free version
- Sometimes, false email opens can skew your email statistics
- You cannot create campaigns in the basic version, which is also called the “Pro” version
The cheapest paid plan is “Pro” and it starts from $15/user/month.
If you need more advanced features like sales force integration and bi-directional activity sync, you can subscribe to its top-tier “Enterprise” plan for $65/user/month.
Last but not the least, you can also opt for a tailor-made custom plan. For further guidance, you’ll have to contact Yesware.
Capterra Rating: 4.3 stars
G2 Rating: 4.4 stars
The Woodpecker tool is designed to help you scale up your one-on-one conversations with prospects and customers. That also, without losing the personal touch that makes everything great.
Plus, its unique algorithm helps you avoid mistakes. For example, if you accidentally send an email to a person who has already replied, Woodpecker wouldn’t allow it.
In addition, the deliverability monitor and bounce shield are two features that further set Woodpecker apart. The deliverability monitor keeps an eye on any potential issues with your deliverability, and the bounce shield stops you from exceeding your email limit set by your email provider.
- Reliable email deliverability
- Excellent on-call support and tutorials
- Its free trials don’t require your credit card credentials
- Woodpecker charges extra for some features like API keys, integrations, and A/B testing
- Can be expensive for small organizations
The basic version (without any add-ons) is priced at $44/month/slot billed annually.
If you need A/B testing, API keys, and integrations, you’ll have to pay a price of $56/month/slot billed annually.
Capterra Rating: 4.6 stars
G2 Rating: 4.4 stars
While HubSpot is mostly known for marketing software, it also has email outreach and sales software called Sales Hub. Sales Hub is powerful and provides an excellent UI.
You don’t need to be a tech expert to get up and running quickly. It can be used for everything from prospecting, and follow-up emails, to planned campaigns.
- Integration with 1,500 tools
- CPQ capability
- Analytics and reporting
- Deal management
- Sales engagement
- Not easy to remove contacts from sequences
- The help section is a little complicated, and difficult to navigate
- There should be some automation to offer better usability
HubSpot is known for many things, but being inexpensive is not one of them. In fact, the least expensive of Sales Hub plans for professionals is $375 a month. Still, fans of the software may argue that it’s worth it.
G2: 4.4/5 out of 10,384 reviews
Capterra: 4.5/5 out of 3,882 reviews
Freshsales helps you sell more and close deals more efficiently. Ultimately, Freshworks created this sales software to help you find the most high-intent leads. This means those who are most likely to buy.
The feature for contact scoring also helps you prioritize your engagement so that you’re not wasting time on people who may not be far enough along in their journey yet. With a 360-degree insight into customer behavior, you can apply industry best practices to analyze sales progress across a customer journey.
- Track new high-intent leads
- Create sales sequences
- Import contacts and accounts
- Difficult to reach support to get help
- The interface is not as easy to use as competing software
- Font choices for email templates are limited
Freshsales has several pricing tiers. There is a free plan to start out with. However, the features that it offers are limited. You will be able to enjoy more robust features as you move up in plans Starting at $15 a month per user for the growth plan. It’s up to $69 per month per user for the Enterprise plan.
G2: 4.5/5 out of 1,086 reviews
Capterra: 4.5/5 out of 599 reviews
With revenue.io you can enjoy real-time sales and revenue. Revenue uses AI much more than outreach. From helping your reps have effective conversations to creating follow-up emails, AI-powered features are quite robust.
Some of the primary benefits of using Revenue.io are conversational intelligence and cadence management.
- Call quality
- Conversational AI
- Global time zones can be inaccurate
- There have been some software glitches such as automatically logging users out
- Cadencing, while powerful, could use some additional customization
While revenue certainly has some features they should be proud of, one major downside of the software is that you’ll need to hop on a sales call in order to get even a ballpark price for the company.
Of course, by doing your own research online you could probably get an idea of the cost. Some may deem it too much of a barrier.
Outreach.io is a great tool that offers a wide range of features for sales and marketing professionals. However, it might not be the best fit for everyone.
The seven tools mentioned in this article are some of the best alternatives to Outreach.io in the market right now.
So, if you’re not satisfied with Outreach.io or if you’re simply looking for a change, do give these tools a try. And if there’s only one alternative that you try from this list, make sure it’s Right Inbox!
Track emails, email reminders & templates in Gmail for free
Upgrade Gmail with the features it’s missingAdd to Gmail
David Campbell is the editor of the Right Inbox blog. He is passionate about email productivity and getting more done in less time.