Success in business is all about connections. But how are you supposed to make those connections if you don’t know how to reach someone in the first place?
That’s the problem that email finding tools solve. These helpful tools are used by sales, marketing, and all sorts of other professionals every day to find email addresses and get in touch with prospective customers, candidates, and partners.
The concept is simple: you enter someone’s name along with their company name into the finder tool, and it looks through its database and returns an accurate email. In some cases, finder tools will also let you run bulk searches that provide you with emails for everyone in a specific company, or even every professional that meets certain criteria, like working at a fintech firm in Austin, Texas.
There are many email finder tools available nowadays, and it can be hard to know which one to choose. In this article, we’ll compare the top 11 email finder tools so you can make an informed decision.
The Top 11 Email Finding Tools for 2023
If accuracy is what you’re after (and what else would you be after?), then Voila Norbert is the winner among the email finder tools in this list. Ahrefs rated it the most accurate tool among the selections included here.
Voila Norbert allows you to find emails by first name, last name, and domain. When it runs a search, it pings mail hosts to check whether an email is correct.
If you already have a list of prospects you want to reach out to you, you can use Voila Norbert to verify the validity of the emails you already have.
Plus, its Chrome extension makes using the tool a breeze. With 50 free search credits for new users, it’s easy to give it a try and see for yourself.
- Chrome extension
- First and last name searches
- Domain searches
- 50 free credits for new users
- Valet: $49/month for 1,000 leads/month
- Butler: $99/month for 5,000 leads/month
- Advisor: $249/month for 15,000 leads/month
- Counselor: $499/month for 50,000 leads/month
2. Find Emails
Find Emails is an email finder tool that helps users find verified emails. With Find Emails, you can search both by name and by company and role. The tool uses mailserver tests to ensure that all emails it provides are valid, which can help maintain your Sender Score, and contributes to its advertised 98% accuracy.
If you have developers on your team, or you yourself are a developer, you can make use of Find Emails’s API. Plus, its Chrome Extension is useful for grabbing emails while browsing the web.
Additional Reading: Best Chrome Extensions For Developers
Using Find Emails’s email verifying tools, you can make sure you’re sending to valid emails, which can increase your ROI. Between the two search methods, the API, and the Chrome extension, Find Email’s makes it easy to grab the contact info you need.
- Chrome extension
- Name and company/role search
- Basic: $29/month for 1,000 credits
- Better: $49/month for 2,500 credits
- Best: $99/month for 10,000 credits
Hunter’s claim to fame is that it allows you to search for all emails under a specific domain. For example, if you wanted to get every email address that’s attached to tesla.com, Hunter can do that for you.
Of course, this could turn out to be quite a lot of emails, so Hunter also provides ways to filter through them and find exactly what you need. This makes Hunter particularly well suited for gathering large amounts of leads for cold outreach campaigns. However, it can handle more targeted searches too.
Hunter’s database currently has over 100 million email addresses. When you run searches, Hunter shows you either a confidence score, which it calculates based on its proprietary algorithms, or a verification symbol, which means the email is known to be valid.
- Bulk domain searches
- Chrome extension
- 25 free searches/month
- Free: $0/month for 25 leads/month
- Starter: $49/month for 500 leads/month
- Growth: $99/month for 2,500 leads/month
- Pro: $199/month for 10,000 leads/month
- Enterprise: $399/month for 30,000 leads/month
AeroLeads is a tool that searches through LinkedIn, AngelList, CrunchBase, and other similar websites to grab email addresses. Unlike the other tools we’ve covered so far, it can also find phone numbers, which makes it useful for multi-channel campaigns that integrate phone outreach. It also provides other data points, like company name, job title, etc.
AeroLeads is a Chrome extension, so you add it to Chrome, conduct searches, and then save the contact info you want. The company states that it is 95% accurate. AeroLeads is currently used by major brands like Adobe, IBM, Gartner, Grubhub, Domino’s, and TATA.
Using the tool is simple. Just sign up, go to LinkedIn, AngelList, Crunchbase, or another similar site, run a search, and then add the leads to AeroLeads. The tool will then find the relevant contact info and add it to your prospects page.
The tool also allows for CSV export, or you can transfer the data to tools like Salesforce. AeroLeads also offers chat, email, and phone support.
- Provides phone numbers
- Chrome extension
- Searches LinkedIn, AngelList, CrunchBase, and more
- Take Off: $49/month for 1,000 credits/month
- Climb: $149/month for 4,000 credits/month
- Cruise: $499/month for 15,000 credits/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for custom plans
Find That Lead offers a combination of basic email search functionality (name, company name, and domain search) along with its unique Prospector tool. With Find That Lead’s Prospector, you can use advanced search criteria to find cold leads by location, job title, industry, and more.
Using Find That Lead’s Google Chrome extension, users can search for contact info on Twitter and LinkedIn profiles. This makes it easy to visit a lead’s profile, pull up the Chrome extension, and quickly get their contact info.
The tool is currently used by companies like BMW, Zappos.com, Deloitte, Salesforce, and Criteo. If you’re looking for some more in-depth features, Find That Lead also offers an email sender, which gives you access to analytics and sales funnels.
- Prospector tool (advanced search)
- Chrome extension
- Search LinkedIn and Twitter
- Growth: $49/month ($490 billed annually) for 5,000 monthly credits
- Startup: $150/month ($1,500 billed annually) for 18,000 monthly credits
- Suite: $399/month ($3,990 billed annually) for 30,000 monthly credits
Respona is not only an email finder, but also an all-in-one email outreach platform, making it a solid choice for all types of outreach campaigns including link building, digital PR, affiliate outreach, and even sales.
Respona’s email finder feature allows you to search for email addresses by using different search parameters such as name, job title, and domain. It uses multiple sources to ensure accuracy, so you can be confident that the emails you find are legitimate.
But that’s not all. Respona offers a wide range of features to streamline your outreach efforts. From personalized email templates and automated follow-ups to email scheduling and campaign tracking, Respona has got you covered.
With its user-friendly interface and seamless integration with popular SEO tools and email providers, Respona makes it easy to manage and track your outreach campaigns. And with its built-in analytics, you can keep a close eye on your campaign performance and make data-driven decisions to optimize your outreach strategy.
– Email finder and verifier
– Built-in campaign and email templates
– Automated follow-ups
– Email scheduling
– Campaign tracking
– SEO tools integrations
– Shared inbox for better management
- Starter: $197/month for 5,000 credits
- Unlimited: $399/month for 600,000 credits
Unlike the other tools we’ve covered so far, Skrapp doesn’t technically “find” emails. Instead, it predicts them. Using a set of proprietary algorithms and public data, Skrapp attempts to find patterns in emails, which it then uses to predict what an individual’s email would be. However, it does find emails in some cases by checking with mail servers.
Skrapp is available as a Chrome extension, which you can use for individual, domain, and bulk searches. The tool can also help you stay organized by exporting your leads’ contact information as a .csv or .xlsx file.
You can use Skrapp in one of three ways: either with individual search through its Chrome extension, with its bulk verifier, or through web searches based on individual names or domains.
- Predictive search
- Chrome extension
- Individual, domain, and bulk search
- Free: $0/month for 150 emails/month
- Starter: $49/month ($39/month billed yearly) for 1,000 emails/month
- Seeker: $99/month ($79/month billed yearly) for 5,000 emails/month
- Enterprise: $199/month ($159/month billed yearly) for 20,000 emails/month
- Global: $299/month for ($239/month billed yearly) for 50,000 emails/month
Along the same lines as Skrapp, LeadFuze attempts to make finding emails easier with the help of AI. To find email addresses, LeadFuze combines third-party data with their own proprietary AI crawlers.
With LeadFuze, you can conduct complex searches using its Market Based Search functionality. This allows you to create search filters like “CEOs based in New York within the digital marketing vertical with 50+ employees that spend $2k/month on Adwords who are hiring for finance help and recently announced an integration partnership.”
LeadFuze also uses AI to make sure you don’t add duplicate leads and emails that you already have saved. Plus, you can double verify your leads and let Fuzebot build lists for you.
LeadFuze was a G2 Winter 2020 leader in the space and generally receives good reviews.
- Complex open-ended search queries
- Provides phone numbers
- Finds social profiles
- Stacks up leads based on monthly Adwords spend
- Starter: $132.30/month for 500 lead credits/month
- Scaling: $447.30/month for 2,500 lead credits/month
- Custom: Custom pricing for custom lead credit quantities
Lusha is an email finder tool designed to find both sales leads and job prospects. It currently has a repository of 36 million 100 million business profiles, over 30 million C-level profiles, and over 10 million company profiles.
That’s not as big of a database as some of its competitors, but it makes up for it with a free version. Lusha works as a Chrome extension, and it provides phone numbers for your contacts along with emails, so it’s a good solution for multi-channel outreach.
One benefit of Lusha is that it’s ISO 27001 certified, and it’s compliant with CCPA and GDPR, so you can be sure you’re always working within the law when you use it.
- Provides phone numbers
- Chrome extension
- API connectivity
- Integrates with popular software
- Starter: $0/month for 5 credits/month
- Professional: $99/month ($79/month billed annually) for 100 credits/month
- Premium: $249/month ($199/month billed annually) for 300 credits/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for custom quantities
Hiretual is the only email finder tool on this list that is specifically designed for sourcing and recruiting. The tool uses AI to search through not only the common platforms, like LinkedIn, but also some of the more obscure places you might find candidates, like resume databases, the open web, ATS, and Docs.
One of the main features that makes Hiretual a great fit for recruiters is that it has over 30 ATS integrations, so you can send the candidates you found straight into your ATS. It also offers features that help with diversity and inclusion.
Hiretual is used by major companies like Wayfair, Intel, Novo Nordisk, Continental, Nike, and Ceridian. It boasts a search that comprises over 750 million profiles.
- Designed sourcing and recruiting
- Integrates with ATS
- Chrome extension
- Basic: $0/month for 3 contact credits/day and 3 boolean credits/day
- Standard: $79/month ($948 billed annually) for 2,400 contact credits/year and 3,600 boolean credits/year
- Professional: $169/month ($2,028 billed annually) for AI sourcing, Google and Outlook integration, and email templates, tracking, and insights
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for advanced sourcing filters, ATS integrations (1-way), and more
What separates Sales.Rocks from almost any other tool listed here is that it actually helps you find leads that you are not even aware exist. Sales.Rocks is based upon a huge B2B Database filled with business information for more than 115M companies and 200M+ professionals working in those companies from 213 countries (segmented by regions) worldwide.
Then, its powerful filtering system allows you to parse through the data, track down all prospects that fit your ICP searching for them by location, industry (niche), job title, the technology they use, monthly tech spending, company size, and 50 different data points overall at your disposal.
Once you have discovered all these new potential clients, you unlock them and get their email addresses, phone numbers, LinkedIn profiles, and all the additional information and tools needed for a meaningful outreach – all from one single place.
With the Freemium model, you get 100 credits per month for a better product experience.
- Company Search
- Contact Search
- Multichannel Drip Campaigns (email + LinkedIn)
- Email Warmer
- Sales Toolkit (email + phone verifiers)
- Chrome Extension
- Free: $0/month for 100 credits/month, Email Warmer* not available
- Basic (1 User): $285/mo for 2.500 credits/mo, all features included
- Standard (5 Users): $657/mo for 30.000 credits/mo, all features included + Dedicated CSM + Sales Consultancy
- Enterprise (10 Users): $1.060/mo for 67.000 credits/mo, all features included + Dedicated CSM + Sales Consultancy
Clearout helps you find verified email addresses with 98%+ accuracy. This tool is incredibly convenient and all you have to do is give the name and domain/company name as inputs. With its instant email finder, you can find the email addresses promptly.
Clearout’s bulk email finder feature allows you to upload the list with the prospects’ names and company/domains in .csv or .xlsx format. It allows you to enrich your list with additional columns of valuable data and insights. Clearout offers an API for instant and bulk email finding that integrates with all programming languages.
Name and company/domain search
Instant domain searches
Bulk domain searches
Exclude Role Based Emails
100 free credits for new users
- 3,000 credits – $21 onwards with credits having lifetime validity (Pay-As-You-Go)
- Monthly: 5,000 credits – $31.50 per month onwards with credits having lifetime validity(leftover credits gets rolled over)
- Annually: 5,000 credits – $23.2o per month with credits having lifetime validity
Email Finder Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the accuracy of the email addresses?
Every tool finds emails in its own way, so accuracy will naturally vary from tool to tool. Overall, email finder tool accuracy has been found to range from 23% to 92%. Voila Norbert leads the pack in this list with an accuracy of 77%, according to Ahrefs.
Are the email addresses guesses or found somewhere?
Each email finder tool employs different techniques to retrieve email addresses. In many cases, they will use a database that contains verified emails. However, some tools will crawl the web for email addresses.
Some tools, like Skrapp, don’t actually find emails. Instead, they predict emails based on company patterns and publicly available data.
Why would you want to use an email finder?
An email finder tool can help you get in touch with new prospects for sales and candidates for recruitment applications.
Email is one of the most common and effective communication methods, so it’s important to be able to contact leads via their business emails. If you don’t have the email for someone you would like to get in touch with, email finders can help you get it.
Are there any free email finder tools?
Several email finder tools offer free versions. However, the free versions are typically very limited in their capabilities, sometimes offering as few as 5 credits/month. Others, like Voila Norbert, are more generous at 50 credits/month. This will suffice if you just want to find a few emails, but if you’re running a more serious campaign, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
5 key elements of a good email finding tool?
- Accuracy: By and large, the most important part of an email finder tool is its accuracy. Make sure that whatever tool you choose has a good track record of finding the right email addresses.
- Chrome Extension: Having a Chrome extension makes it much easier to grab email addresses while you’re browsing the web.
- Intuitive UI: If the tool is hard to use, it won’t be very effective.
- Integrations: Most people don’t use email finders in isolation. Check to make sure the tool you’re interested in integrates with the other tools in your stack.
- Multiple Types of Search: Email finders all offer different types of search functionality, including individual, bulk, and domain searches. Ideally, you will want to find a tool that conducts searches in several ways without sacrificing accuracy.
The email finder tool space is packed with lots of tools that can help you reach new leads more easily. However, that also means there are a lot more options to choose from, and making a decision can be hard. With this guide in hand, you should have a good foundation of knowledge to base an informed decision on. Now that you’ve found an email finder it’s time to invest in an effective cold email outreach tool. Right Inbox allows you to track emails, set email follow ups, mail merge and use one click templates all within Gmail. Try for free today.
Track emails, email reminders & templates in Gmail for free
Upgrade Gmail with the features it’s missingAdd to Gmail
David Campbell is the editor of the Right Inbox blog. He is passionate about email productivity and getting more done in less time.