As former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower so eloquently put it, “A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.”
In an age of stiff business communication and rigid professionalism, the secret of connecting with your coworkers is simple: humor. On occasion, adding comedic elements to your communications — such as using funny email signatures — is a great way to brighten anyone’s day and improve rapport.
Adding funny email signatures in appropriate situations can easily improve team morale while also maintaining professionalism. Read on to browse through our list of funny email signatures — and find one that you can use today.
Funny Email Signatures
Adding humor to the end of an email can be a great way to show your personality and build a personal connection with the recipient. It is, however, important to be mindful of the context.
Using funny email signatures with coworkers or appropriate supervisors can be a hit. On the other hand, using funny email signatures with new business prospects or clients has the potential to backfire as coming off too unprofessional. At the end of the day, use your best judgment to guide your decision.
Here is our list of funny email signatures:
- No trees were harmed in the making of this message
- Nostalgia was better when I was growing up
- Sent from something without a fruit on it
- You skimmed this, didn’t you?
- This message brought to you by electricity
- Blink twice if you agree
- This message is going to self-destruct in 10 seconds
- This email could’ve just been a meeting
- Just like buses and trains, my work station is where the work stops
- If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is
- This has been brought to you by the 14th fairway
- My opinions have changed, but I’m still right and you’re still wrong
- We are born crying and confused. Then things just get worse
- In the beginning was the phrase, and the phrase was “unnecessary meetings”
- Everything above is nonsense
- Please don’t let me know if you don’t get this message
- I didn’t lie. All I said were things that later turned out to be untrue
- I pressed the control key. When am I in control?
- MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN
- You can save a lot of time by seeing it my way
- All my worst
- You’re welcome
- Please don’t respond
- Can you wait to deposit this until Monday?
- I know everything — just not all at once. It’s a space problem, not a knowledge problem.
Witty Email Signatures
The terms funny and witty are often seen as interchangeable, yet they are slightly different. Funny refers to anything that causes laughter, while wit refers to being quick and inventive. Something that is witty can be — and often is — funny, but it doesn’t have to be.
If you are confused by that explanation, not to fear. Just know that using witty email signatures is another way to show your personality in the workplace.
Here is our list of witty email signatures:
- The next line is false. The previous line was true.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way to get into it
- Out to lunch. If I am not back by 5… Out to dinner
- What do you get when you mix a joke with a rhetorical question?
- Some people like croissants. I like happy uncles.
- All my vacuum does is gather dust
- Some people hate irony. Must be why their shirts are always wrinkly.
- I got a $100 gift card for my boss. One of the best deals I’ve ever done!
- Accidents don’t just happen. They are always carelessly planned.
- If you’re in over your head, you should first close your mouth
- My boss said I can’t be a flamingo for the Halloween party. I had to put my foot down.
- I bought a camo keyboard but now I can’t find it
- I used to have a good handle on this job, but then I broke it
- I finally got a tank for the office goldfish. He can’t figure out how to drive it though
- I don’t suffer from stress — I enjoy every second of it
- My boss says I display ignorance and apathy in my work. But I don’t know and don’t care
- Two members of our IT department just got married. The reception was fantastic
- My IQ result came back negative
- I might apply to a mirror shop. I can see myself doing it
- Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye
- Our new client does a lot of yoga. I think that’s a bit of a stretch
- I used to be indecisive in my work. Now I’m not too sure
- Everyone around here is saying “change is inevitable.” Are we getting vending machines?
- My boss fires everyone with bad posture. I have a hunch that I might be in trouble
- my keyboard is broken — anyone want shift work?
Email Signature Quotes
Using email signature quotes can show off personality without toeing the line of unprofessionalism. While there are plenty of funny quotes that you can use (we have included some), there are also many quotes that come off as serious, inspirational and professional, yet also show off your personality in the process.
Here is our list of email signature quotes:
- “Do or do not, there is no try.” – Yoda
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
- “To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.” – Paul Ehrlich
- “The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.” – George Carlin
- “I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” – Woody Allen
- “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “You’re only as good as your last haircut.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” – Steven Wright
- “Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” – Mark Twain
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” – Confucious
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “The harder you work, the luckier you get.” – Gary Player
- “I generally avoid temptation unless I can’t resist it.” – Mae West
- “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffet
iPhone Email Signatures
The advent of sending emails from an iPhone has spawned another opportunity for workplace humor. The simple sendoff “sent from my iPhone” can be edited into a number of hilarious alternatives.
Here is our list of iPhone email signatures:
- iApologize for sending this
- Don’t mind the iTypos
- Sent from the golf course
- Sent from your phone
- Sent from Saturn
- Sent from the kitchen
- Sent from the club
- Sent from the bar
- Sent from the border
- Sent from my Walkman
- Sent from my calculator
- Sent from the Starbucks drive-thru
- Sent from my dog
- Sent from tomorrow
- Sent from my TI-84
- Sent from Hogwarts
- Sent from Helm’s Deep
- Sent from my Swiffer
- Sent from my cat’s litter box
- Sent from my neighbor’s BBQ
- Sent from Area 51
- Sent from a telegram
- Sent from my next-generation totally-sold-out iPad
- Sent from the toilet
- Sent from my air fryer
How To Set Up An Email Signature
Now that we have covered a wide range of funny email signatures that can be used, we will briefly cover how to set up an email signature. Most platforms and email services should follow these steps, but if you have any questions it is best to reach out to your specific email provider.
1. Log In
Open your email account and go to your main inbox page.
2. Open Settings
On the top right of the page, there will be a gear icon. Click on that and a drop-down menu will appear with an option for “Settings.” Click that button to get to your email settings.
3. Add Signature
Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and you will see a text box in which you can write your email signature — and you can add multiple signatures if you would like. From here, you can type or upload images to customize your message how you see fit.
4. Save Changes
After you have constructed your email signature to perfection, click the “Save Changes” button located at the bottom of the page.
If you have any additional questions, you can consult our in-depth article on how to set up an email signature in Gmail.
Why Funny Email Signatures Can Make a Difference
Using funny email signatures when appropriate is a great way to improve rapport and brighten the day of your coworkers. It can be a welcome change of pace to the rigid professionalism in workplaces across the world.
That being said, it’s important to follow best practices when adding email signatures. Making sure the communication is non-offensive, conforms to the proper email signature size and is appropriate for the recipient are all crucial to think about before changing your signature.
As long as you are mindful, funny email signatures can bring a smile to those that you communicate with. Pick your favorite on our list and add it to your Gmail signature today to bring a lighthearted element to your operations.